Sunday, January 9, 2022

In Review: 2022 v1

 One thing I want to do this year, in addition to more blogging, is to share what I've done. This usually doesn't happen because I feel like I have to wait until I am 'done' before I post about it. So this year I am going to try to 'post as I go'. I'd like to say I will post every week, but I'm not sure if I will. However, I do hope to post periodically about what I've been doing—a very brief review of things I've worked. If I get to the point I feel 'done', or even if I feel I've done 'enough', I will post about it. My review posts will be more like an outline, so that I can go back and see what I've done and when. It won't really be a 'research log', but in some ways will serve a similar purpose. It will let me go back and see when I was working on a particular person, etc, so that I may have a better chance of finding the details of what I did three years ago. We will see how it works out, but for now, this is what I've worked on in the past couple of weeks.

  • I started up this blog. 
  • I began a new 'archive' blog and began moving posts from my old blog there. As I mention earlier, I am moving away from the old blog because I feel that if I don't, someday it will move away from me! When my archive blog is up and running, I'll leave a link in the sidebar here.
  • Began organizing photos for scanning

That's it for now. I haven't done much in the way of genealogy research. This has been more a week of getting organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: 2024 Week 3 - Favorite Photo

 The prompt for Week 3 of the 2024 52 Ancestors challenge is “Favorite Photo”. This is a re-run. The prompt has appeared in previous years o...