Friday, February 4, 2022

Photo Friday: Aunt Ruth

 It's Photo Friday. This is a sad one for me. We lost my aunt earlier this week, just weeks shy of her 98th birthday.

I've spend the time since hunting for pictures of and scanning them to share. It's amazing how few photos I have. Some of my happiest times were spent with Aunt Ruth, either at her house, which was like a second home to me, or when she came to visit. She took me downtown Chicago to view the ticker tape parade that honored the returning astronauts after the first moon landing. We staying in a hotel in Springfield for a week once, which we visited the Illinois State Fair. So many memories of Christmas gatherings and summer family gatherings. I have pictures from many of them. But for some reason, most of the pictures are of us kids! Not very many of Aunt Ruth at all. 

Aunt Ruth was a very special person. She loved to travel, she loved to learn, and she loved her family. And her definition of family was anyone she loved, related or not. We were lucky to have her in our life. She is missed already.

Just a reminder...take lots of pictures and make sure you that you get photos of EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: 2024 Week 3 - Favorite Photo

 The prompt for Week 3 of the 2024 52 Ancestors challenge is “Favorite Photo”. This is a re-run. The prompt has appeared in previous years o...