Friday, February 25, 2022

Photo Friday: Frances Gunn

It's Photo Friday again. Today I am sharing a photo I scanned last month. 

 
This is a photo of Frances A. Gunn, wife of William Gunn. That's really all I know about the photo. I don't know who Frances was or how she was related to my family. The photo was found when cleaning out my in-laws' house several years ago. It was grouped with about a half dozen other photos in an envelope. The envelope came to me in a box with many other family photos, all mixed up together. I don't know what branch of the family Frances belonged to. I suspect it was the DeBee-Poynter line based on the location near other photos in the box. But it could also be from the Striebel-Hixon line! I still have almost a dozen 52 quart bins to sort through, so maybe I'll get lucky and find some information about Frances.

Meanwhile, if you recognize her and know her story, please let me know! Here is the back of the photo, showing the captioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: 2024 Week 3 - Favorite Photo

 The prompt for Week 3 of the 2024 52 Ancestors challenge is “Favorite Photo”. This is a re-run. The prompt has appeared in previous years o...