Friday, April 8, 2022

Photo Friday: Thomas Gunn and Nieces

It's Photo Friday. I missed last week. It was opening day for the 1950 U.S. Census and I had other things occupying my mind. But I'm back this week with another photo from my collection of Gunn Family photos.


This is a photo of Thomas Gunn with his nieces. Luckily this photo is captioned on the back!

 I can't be sure of the order of the photos, but I know the Mary D. Lane is sitting next to Thomas on the arm of the chair. This is the same Mary D Lane whose diary I found and posted about a few weeks ago. I'm still working on that. I've been researching Mary and will share some of that research in a future post.

Mary was born in 1900. To me, she looks to be about 15 in this photo. That would date this photo as about 1915. That date is consistant with the fashions in the photo. Sailor collars were popular in the 1910 to 1920 era. Young girls were also wearing loose dresses with dropped waists during this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: 2024 Week 3 - Favorite Photo

 The prompt for Week 3 of the 2024 52 Ancestors challenge is “Favorite Photo”. This is a re-run. The prompt has appeared in previous years o...