Friday, January 6, 2023

QOTW: What Religions Did Your Ancestors Practice?

 I’m trying something new this year. A ‘Question of the Week is posted each week in the Wikitree forum. I plan to share the questions here and answer as many as I can. Feel free to share links to you answers in the comments below the post.

The first question of the week is: What Religions Did Your Ancestors Practice?

 As far as I know, my ancestors were exclusively Christian, but of many denominations. My maternal grandfather was Italian, so obviously there are a lot of Catholics in my tree. Both of my grandmothers came from  Lutheran families. My paternal grandfather had a lot of Methodists on his mother’s side. One of his cousins was a Methodist minister. Another cousin became a nun. However, while he and my grandmother were married in a Methodist church, they later became Presbyterian. Her ancestor, my 10th gr-grandfather Hinrich Krechting, was a leader in the Anabaptist movement in Münster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: 2024 Week 3 - Favorite Photo

 The prompt for Week 3 of the 2024 52 Ancestors challenge is “Favorite Photo”. This is a re-run. The prompt has appeared in previous years o...