Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Question of the Week: Do You Set Weekly Genealogy Goals?

There’s a new Question of the Week up at WikiTree. This week the question is: “Do you set weekly genealogical goals?”


My answer is: I do not.  Setting goals would be pointless as I always get sidetracked. But that is what makes it fun! I do try to blog 52 Ancestors each week, and to answer the Question of the Week, but I haven’t really set a goal.

I also have a rough outline in my head. Right now I am working my way down one branch of my tree, double checking sources and info, and looking for missing sources. But I don’t have a time limit. I go where the path takes me.

I have instituted a bit of a monthly plan this week. The first week I concentrate on updating WikiTree. Week 2 is for new research. Week 3 is to work on scanning and organizing my photos and other family records. And the last of the month is for ‘catch-up’. I don’t expect to really stick to it, but it is an effort to balance, so that nothing gets neglected.

Your turn! Tell me about any goals you have for your genealogy, weekly or otherwise. You can leave a comment here or answer the WikiTree post.


No comments:

Post a Comment

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: 2024 Week 3 - Favorite Photo

 The prompt for Week 3 of the 2024 52 Ancestors challenge is “Favorite Photo”. This is a re-run. The prompt has appeared in previous years o...