Monday, January 15, 2024

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: 2024 Week 3 - Favorite Photo

 The prompt for Week 3 of the 2024 52 Ancestors challenge is “Favorite Photo”. This is a re-run. The prompt has appeared in previous years of this challenge. You can see my previous entries here and here. But I have lots of photos and many are among my ‘favorites’, so this prompt never gets old.

This year I am sharing a photo of Mary Julia Parker. I don’t know the story behind the photo. I don’t even know who Mary Julia is. But this is one of my favorite photos anyway!

I’m assuming that Mary Julia as a friend of my grandmother’s when she was a young woman. There is no indication of the date or place where the photo was taken. I found the photo among my grandmother’s things, along with other photos. One of the photos is of my grandmother in a similar dress style in the same location. She is standing next to the water fountain and you can see the Camel billboard in the background. There is another photo of Grandma wearing the same dress that she has dated 1920. This photo was probably taken about the same time, before my grandmother married in 1923. My guess is that the location of the photo is St. Louis where my grandma lived at the time.

I’ve tried to find out who Mary Julia was, but I’ve had no luck at all tracking her down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: 2024 Week 3 - Favorite Photo

 The prompt for Week 3 of the 2024 52 Ancestors challenge is “Favorite Photo”. This is a re-run. The prompt has appeared in previous years o...