Monday, January 24, 2022

52 Ancestors in 2022 - Week 4: Curious

It's Week 4 already! This week the prompt for the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks challenge is 'Curious'. That is a pretty wide open word, but since this seems to be the year of photos for me, I am going to write about a photo that I am curious about. 

 I am very curious about this photo. The people, time, and place are unidentified. A cousin gave me a copy of the photo a few years ago. It was part of a collection of photos that belonged to my grandfather's cousin, Tecla Kolk. I don't believe they are Tecla or her siblings. Tecla had a sister and a brother. Neither Tecla or her sister married. I am convinced that the man on the far right that he is a Kolk. He has the same hairline and facial features as many other Kolk men. 

My thought is that these men may be Tecla's cousins, Albert and Paul Kolk. Albert and Paul were brothers who married sisters, Gladys and Mabel Hajek. They married in a double wedding ceremony in 1934. I blogged about the wedding here. The men would have been in their early 30s at the time of the wedding. These men appear to be in that range. The style of the dresses me pause. It feels 1920s to me, but it's possible these dresses were still in style in the 1930s.

Here is another photo of the same event. If you recognize anyone in these photos, or have any thought on when these photos were taken, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: 2024 Week 3 - Favorite Photo

 The prompt for Week 3 of the 2024 52 Ancestors challenge is “Favorite Photo”. This is a re-run. The prompt has appeared in previous years o...