Sunday, January 16, 2022

In Revew: 2022 v2

 I feel like I've done a lot this past week. Here are some of the highlights.

  • Continued working on my FT&B Archive blog. I have enough done, and enough on there that I want to link to, that I made it 'live'. It will continue to be updated over the next several weeks, but you can browse what is there now. 
  • There have been some major updates at Find A Grave regarding who can post recent deaths and who is a required transfer. As part of the upgrade you can now indicate how you are related on memorials you manage. I spent some time adding relationships to several of my memorials. You can read about the changes here and here.
  • In the process, I found a major problem with my mother-in-law's memorial. It indicates that she had a half-sister; that her mother gave birth to another daughter. I suggested an edit explaining why I believe it to be in error. I had some pretty solid reasons that I may blog about later. The end result is that the manager transferred the memorial to me. I will be working on that very soon!
  • Scanned 16 photos from the Hixon Family collection.
  • Chatted with a cousin about our grandparents' wedding photos and who may be in them. Did some preliminary research trying to figure it out. It's probably going to take ordering the marriage license to see who witnessed the marriage.
  • Posted Week 2 for the 52 ancestors challenge. I'm keeping up! 🤣 I also posted one of my scanned photos for my Photo Friday post.
  • Indexed 100 Missouri death certificates. (The 1971 certificates have just been released. If you want to help with the indexing project, sign up here.)

That's it. I still haven't done much 'real' genealogy. January might be a 'getting ready' month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: 2024 Week 3 - Favorite Photo

 The prompt for Week 3 of the 2024 52 Ancestors challenge is “Favorite Photo”. This is a re-run. The prompt has appeared in previous years o...