Friday, January 14, 2022

Photo Friday: It's the Plane!

It's another Friday and time for another photo! I have thousands of photos to scan and I'm hoping to scan a few each week. One week won't make much of a dent in my collection, but they will add up. Slow and steady! To motivate myself, I plan to post one photo that I find particularly interesting each week. I've scanned 16 photos so far this week. Here is one of them.

I don't know anything about this photo, but I find it very interesting. I particularly like that there are more planes pictured in the backgrounI don't know where or when or by whom this picture was taken. I don't know which, if any, of the men in this photo is Stu Jr. I don't know what kind of plane this is.

Stu Jr. is James Stuart Opdyke, Jr. I haven't researched Stu yet. What information I do have about him comes from a family tree chart prepared for the OPDYKE - STRIEBEL -HIXON reunion held in Michigan City, Indiana in July of 2002. The chart was found in a desk drawer in Michigan City.

Stu was born in 1917 and died in 1993. He was married to Virginia June Leffel.

If you have information about Stu, or about the plane, leave a comment. I want to know more!



No comments:

Post a Comment

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: 2024 Week 3 - Favorite Photo

 The prompt for Week 3 of the 2024 52 Ancestors challenge is “Favorite Photo”. This is a re-run. The prompt has appeared in previous years o...