Friday, May 27, 2022

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks - Week 19: Food and Drink

 I missed a week of posting for the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks challenge. I was out of town making memories at my son's college graduation. Today I was on Facebook telling a family story to my cousin's daughter, and I knew it was the perfect story for Week 19. The prompt for the week was 'Food and Drink'.

These photos are of a cake that my Aunt Evelyn and my mom made from scratch — their first ever! Evelyn had just turned 18 and my mom was not quite 21. They were so proud of the cake that they took pictures! But just as they were ready to enjoy it, there was a knock at the door. Some relatives had come to visit. Evelyn and Margaret did NOT want to share that cake! So they quickly hid it behind the sofa! I'm not sure how long the relatives stayed, but the cake was forgotten. When Evelyn and Margaret remembered the cake, it was a few days later. I was told it was as hard as a rock. So no one knows if it tasted good....but it was pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: 2024 Week 3 - Favorite Photo

 The prompt for Week 3 of the 2024 52 Ancestors challenge is “Favorite Photo”. This is a re-run. The prompt has appeared in previous years o...